Sign in to follow this  
AJ33ZY

Completion

Hey all, big completionist here and wondering how hard it will be to complete the game F2P or if its even possible at all? Thanks 

Not sure what kind of response you want to that considering the game isn’t even finished and no one has played it, but Stephen has said it shouldn’t take 2 months to level up but shouldn’t take 2 days either. Considering there won’t be p2w and it’s F2P...of course you can?

Man I would love if the game was decently grindy. Having to invest a lot of time into your main to gear up, level up skills/profession, make in-game money would be awesome. It annoys me how in some games you can just jump around characters and get them all maxed out in every aspect within a week or two. Main characters should feel special and sink a lot of your time imo.

1 hour ago, Jaesord said:

Man I would love if the game was decently grindy. Having to invest a lot of time into your main to gear up, level up skills/profession, make in-game money would be awesome. It annoys me how in some games you can just jump around characters and get them all maxed out in every aspect within a week or two. Main characters should feel special and sink a lot of your time imo.

Not just that but having to grind raids for that loot u want because in previous raids some other person rolled higher than u. But u still walk out with cash etc, so u come back for a chance to get that item u wanted. Think WoW or FF14.

All in all i agree with you. The more grindy in a fun way, the better. Also crafting. I hooe crafting is relevent.

spacer.png

Yea love the aspect were you have to grind soo much to the point to know that, wow that guy grinded soo much so he rekt me in a raid/pvp or when you inspect someones gear you would see there gear, damn that guy a boss. I just love when you spend time developing a character that you have to engage in not just alt back and forth, having a character that you spend ages on and the progression that you see when you invest your time is such a good feeling.

at first reading your comment i thought you were trolling, but then i realized you are serious 😄 yes, i also love that as i previously mentioned! going against another player or you are in the city hall and you see someone with interesting armor and you inspect that person and are like "oh wow, he must have grinded the hell out of those raids to obtain that". you would know people who really invest time and sweat to develop their character and making it their own.

spacer.png

On 5/23/2019 at 9:33 AM, SunnlightBro said:

at first reading your comment i thought you were trolling, but then i realized you are serious 😄 yes, i also love that as i previously mentioned! going against another player or you are in the city hall and you see someone with interesting armor and you inspect that person and are like "oh wow, he must have grinded the hell out of those raids to obtain that". you would know people who really invest time and sweat to develop their character and making it their own.

Back in the days of Vanilla WoW and looking at the Naxx geared people (there wasn't many), you knew they were prime-don't-mess-with-me players, and you even /saluted them just because. I wasn't jealous of their gear, I was inspired. They were the digital god-players, and everyone knew it. They could come to a single pvp outdoor fight and turn the tide on their own. I don't know if we will ever have so innocent a community again, MMOs have been around too long and the models are all known...but man I can hope.

• Like 1

I love @dbrogue's anecdote of seeing players with Naxx gear and I would love for something similar to this to be present in Oath.

The whole concept of being able to see a players armour alone and immediately understand "I should NOT fuck with this person", seems like such a good and almost realistic concept and could really allow the community to appreciate the difficulty of certain raids/dungeons and the effort fellow players put into the game.

steam 💔 / twitch / 💔 +** myanimelist 😞 💕
++** +:) love ! lit **!++

Dude i really hope its gonna be like that 😞 i miss the time i specced someone and praised them, and having the same done to me and people reconizing the effort i put into my character. 

Edit: Damn you were first thomas 😛 But yea i do agree, maybe its nice for us developers too. Like we could make something like a armory website, where people wrote name of a character and server and they can see these details even outside of the game. Or like a items DB (this is something i want to make for this game, dedicated website with every single item thats available in game with its details etc)

Edited by SunnlightBro

spacer.png

I'm a bit on the fence with super grindy.  I like a grind but if it becomes a chore just to can get one piece of equipment then the game stops being fun.  Games don't just have people playing that can spend tons of hours a week grinding they also have dedicated players who can only spend a few hours a week playing and would like to do more in game than just grind for those few hours.  I agree it shouldn't be as easy as most MMOs are today but it shouldn't be impossible (or near impossible) for players who don't have 20+ hours a week to sink into the game either.

As with everything in games it all comes down to a balance and that balance is for the devs to decide with (we hope) consideration of the views expressed on the forums.