Jessica

Warrior Hopes

(Going to just start a topic on all classes so people can have a central topic to just dump their hopes into if devs want to skim them for ideas)

As someone who's never played Warrior before, please post your hopes here!

11.jpg

I assume Warrior = Tank.

I would hope to see some active skills to mitigate damage and build aggro/threat or whatever it will be called.  AoE skills too that help with keeping groups of mobs focused on you.

For all classes I hope for a good choice of skills.

Since this is the base class "WARRIOR" I hope we get some branches that goes into Goliath - who has a two handed axe/sword/hammer, Guardian - tank with shield and sword, Berserker - two one handers of axe/sword/hammers. 

Guardian is the tank with some shield abilities and maybe some buffs protective stances that will protect allies, and maybe also some taunts, if that will be a thing.

Berserker - a warrior that is based on the bloodthirsty lust for battle, meaning he will regenerate some amount of health by damaging or by passive, having high speed attacks and some bursty combos.

Goliath - The big man warrior who swings heavy and slow but with greater impact and some cc control of enemies, and maybe a lot of aoe skills around his swings, due to having such heavy weapons.

• Like 3

Sounds pretty cool, but one thing, idk if your referring to this so I’m sorry if you are, but guardian is already a class

spacer.png

I kinda am referring to that yeah 😛 But since they only showed a sneak peak of their current classes and now they are going with base classes instead, like the mage would contain pyro/cryo and probably one more mage, I just wanted to add a bit of spice to the warrior classes here. Its the standard setup though... 

Altough instead of goliath or berserker you could have a samurai of some sort, which have a long katana that is semi ranged throwing out wind cuts, but that could also potentially fit as a rogue subtype too.

• Like 1

I'm very curious if there is only going to be one damage type for physical damage or not. Such as impact, slash and pierce like Warframe, or just physical damage. Would add a ton more dynamics to the builds.

Edited by Malcolton

I normally see Warriors as some combination of 3 archetypes. Sword and Board defensive tanks/brawlers, Big 2H weaponmasters for slow strikes but big burst damage, and dual wielding berserkers if that class isn't standalone. Its not breaking any molds but there can be alot of innovation in how these styles play and are presented.

• Like 2

I've always liked warrior classes and really enjoy playing them.  I still prefer the warrior tank type to other warrior types.  I just think they should always be sword and board where sword=one handed swords, maces/clubs and axes.  It would be nice if each weapon type provided a slightly different play style.  Maybe something edged give bleed damage and blunts stuns or knock backs with edged being slightly faster than blunt?

I'm not too worried what sub classes the warrior has but I would like to see the warrior wield a greater range of weapons, for example sword and board I would like to swap out the sword for an axe or a one handed spear, or use a bastard sword(hand and a half sword) but only with a small shield.

A warrior in my mind is proficient in using many weapons, and it should matter what weapon they use (but limited to melee one only as.. Ranger exist) the warrior skills and ability should work with any weapon they can hold.

But duel wielding axes/short sword that can attack while in melee but can also be thrown with a skill when at range would be cool, especially if the enemy's have a flee mechanic 

On 5/24/2019 at 4:25 AM, Werric said:

I've always liked warrior classes and really enjoy playing them.  I still prefer the warrior tank type to other warrior types.  I just think they should always be sword and board where sword=one handed swords, maces/clubs and axes.  It would be nice if each weapon type provided a slightly different play style.  Maybe something edged give bleed damage and blunts stuns or knock backs with edged being slightly faster than blunt?

Love this suggestion and I wish we saw more of this in other games as well! It'd be awesome if your weapon of choice meant something, perhaps a talent tree for main weapon types offering more specialization with each having a different general focus. Something like (totally spitballing):

• Swords: Improve DPS or Bleeds
  • Maces/Flails: Improve CC
  • Axes: Improve skill damage or Crits
  • Spears: Improve defense or Debuffs
Edited by FeveredDreamer

While I like the idea of a weapon talent tree it bothers me at the same time.  Unless Oath works completely differently then weapon drops never seem to be balanced.  If you main blunt weapons you could quite feasibly be stuck with a sub par weapon waiting for a better one to drop for several to many levels. 

Maybe you could choose your weapon specialty just like you choose your class and then with a skill tree your initial weapon levels with you.  Drops or player crafted weapons should offer better/viable options to you but if you get stuck in a slump of not getting the drop then at least your base weapon is viable  There are lots of issues with this that would need working out eg

• How to transfer skills to your new weapon?
  • Balance
  • Does this apply across the board to all classes?
  • Is it even possible?
  • How do I make my weapon stand out from the crowd?
  • What if I decide to change weapon specialty or should I even have that option?

I'm sure there are a lot more issues and although I kinda like this idea I tend to be more of a Warrior should be equally as good with a sword as a mace or any other weapon.  I just feel that there should be a distinction between the various weapon types but nothing that makes one weapon type THE go to weapon.

Edged definitely bleeds and blunts definitely stun/knockback.  However get your nose broken by a hammer and you're going to bleed, get your forehead hit by the hilt of a sword and you're going to be stunned.  Whatever the debuff it should be be bigger and more debilitating when inflicted by it's primary weapon.

My vision of tanks would be basically Group CC (Root, stuns, pulls, pushes, Weakness debuffs, etc) and being meat shields.

I would like to see...
1. solo combat tanks simply weaken enemies so they have the upper hand while stunning and knocking them back to regain cooldowns... Makes for nice build rotations.
2. Group combat they Aoe pull or Push enemies, Stun, root, etc so their allies have the upper hand in mobility and you're kinda forced to focus the tank so he retreats for heals. At least this way tanks won't just be ignored as he doesn't deal damage lol.

Would be nice to see Warrior go off into 3 different Directions

Guardians - Your average tanks, heavy armor, 1h/2h maces, 1h/2h Hammers, 1h/2h Swords, Shields, etc // AOE Pull, AOE Stun, AOE Damage Reduction, AOE Taunts, AOE Health Points up (Party skill)

Knights - More Agile, Faster Dodge Cooldowns, Heavy Armor, 1h/2h Spears, 1h/2h Axes, 1h/2h Swords, Shields, etc // Roots, Slows, Stuns, Big Single Target Sunder Armor, AOE Defense up (Party Skill)

Berserkers - Burst Damage, Slow dodge Cooldown, Heavy Armor, Able to wear all 2h Weapons. Unable to wear 1h weapons or offhands. AOE Stuns, AOE Armor Reduction, AOE Knockbacks, Big AOE Burst Damage, AOE Bleeds, AOE movement reduction, AOE Physical Damage Increase (Party Skill)

While I kind of like the stun knock back etc idea - why would you need a tank and especially an up close and personal one?  Give a ranged class those abilities and they can run around a little till cooldowns are done.

Every class needs some form of survival skill(s) and for a tank that is doing enough damage to make soloing in questland viable.  Mages usually have some form of cc, ranger/hunter a pet that tanks, healers shields/bubbles and so it goes. Whatever way the devs go tanks for me need two things 1 several ways to get and hold aggro on both single and multiple mobs and 2 some halfway decent damage abilities.  A good tank should hold aggro, shouldn't be out DPS'd by the healer but shouldn't out DPS the DPS.

I actually think tanks need more than those two things to be viable but they are the most basic. 

Warrior tank

The most important part for me is giving the warrior tank some damage. Tanks are already rare in a lot of mmos, I doubt anyone wants to play a tank that barely hits over a healer's DPS.
I'd say being able to put out about half the damage of a decent DPS class would work really well. 

For gameplay, I'd like a way to block and chain into other skills after doing a succesful block and counter attacking. It should feel soothing to play and not about just randomly mashing buttons. Maybe have a lot of rotations with different cooldowns so there is still some variety and have all skills give some sort of use. I'd like a tank to have atleast 1 debuff on the enemy, some sort of way to aggro multiple mobs or a boss and multiple ways to CC players/mobs to keep them in line (Without CC on a tank class, you'll be useless in PvP). 

Warrior DPS

As for warrior DPS, I'll also be looking at them as some sort of Kirito (Class with Dual swords that is very agile and fast). I'm talking about a class that has a lot of IFrames, ways to move around quickly and is very deadly when fighting a slow based class. As for bossfights their only weakness should be that they have to time to Iframes and move correctly, since the class and skills should be fast. This means that if a boss is doing an attack and they didn't pay attention, they will accidently move up in a wrong spot and get killed.

warrior sub class that I would love to see!

First I would like to say that I am excited for this game and I am especially looking forward to the combat. 

Now lets get into this, the class that i would love to see is barbarian   the main reason for that is that you don't see it a lot in most MMO, and I believe that with this combat it would work beautifully.

The play style 

The play style of the barbarian should be a very aggressive class, that is balls to the walls, the thing that should make it unique is that they have abilities that do more damage the lower they are ( but within reason) this means that the player would have to be smart and aggressive otherwise they will die and be made a fool. But to make the class be able to survive in PVP or PVE they would need abilities that heal them which do more the lower they are this makes the class even more complex because you will need to know when to heal and be able to fight at the same time. 

summary 

To summarise the class, It should be a high risk, high reward and feel like you are playing a warrior that is destructive and powerful while also knowing that you are mortal and not sum broken piece of poo.

So yea that's my idea and also from looking at the previews of the kick starter skins you could make the class look really cool!

cannot wait 

#ReviveMMO

Image result for barbarian concept

I think it should be its own class really, but a crusdaer/paladin warrior type would be really awesome.

As well as I think an elemental warrior would be quite unique, kinda like a primal barbarian that channels an element in combat, ice being cc heavy, fire being dmg heavy etc.

Hey, kinda late but I would love to finally see a warrior with some magical spell like a warrior with a elemental spe (could be fire, water, darkness...). It would be a new sort of gameplay and it could be very interesting but I also understand that some of us, players, want to play a full strengh warrior with only brute skills and no spell. 

Ps: not asking for a paladin like class, I would Never play a class like this one and it’s also too much seen in other mmo

Edited by FatalKing
Forgot the ps

Those are a lot of interesting ideas, but I think games tend to work best when classes are pretty specific in its archetypes like warrior should have two sub classes it changes to at a certain point axe wielder that is a main DPS and shield/sword wielder that is more of a tank.