Inori

Trading With Players

Trading is a must to throwaway stuff you don't need and/or help your allies before raiding dungeons. What can you trade in Oath to other players. In Black Desert you can't trade almost anything at all. While in Soul Worker you can trade a lot of the items you have in your inventory except for trophies or medals. 

Trading
Will you be able to trade anything that aren't your class?
Be able to trade currency such as Oath Tokens or gold coins?
Be able to trade anything labeled from your level. (Combat level), (gathering level) (fishing level) (alchemist level) items, etc?

Trading System
How will trading be done?
Do you need to click on the player model and click trade?
Will there be a confirm button for trading?
I want to trade with my friend but he's nowhere near, can I just trade with them by opening the friend list UI?
Does trading have to be a friend?

Keep in mind this topic is not related to server Auction House, just trading with other players only. 

Many of these things are just givens, I think. You should be able to trade anything as long as it could be used by another player and isn't exclusive to you. Class-restrictions are pointless, and level-restrictions are kind of pointless too (although that might be an interesting way of doing things, it would just suck from a quality-of-life perspective since you wouldn't be able to give your buddies higher level items or prepare for getting to that next level or whatever).

1 hour ago, Inori said:

Be able to trade currency such as Oath Tokens or gold coins?

I don't see Oath Token trading happening, it's a standard premium currency as far as I can tell. It could potentially have its uses in the economy (think Warframe) but I still think it should be focused as much on the earn-able currency as possible. In my experience, trading via plat in Warframe is really annoying because it means the currency becomes a target for illicit buying/selling/exploiting 😎😎😎 If the devs want the premium currency to be earnable somehow, I don't think it should come from or be possible by trading for that reason, and instead should be completely controlled by them.

2 hours ago, Inori said:

I want to trade with my friend but he's nowhere near, can I just trade with them by opening the friend list UI?

Depends on where the devs want to go with direction of the game. "Realistic" or convenient. I'd be fine with in-person trading only since it would make things feel a little more grounded, at least as long as it's not a pain to get to them.

2 hours ago, Inori said:

Does trading have to be a friend?

Might be a good measure for security purposes so you don't get scammed 😈 by some rando you don't trust, although most players would bypass this by just saying 'add me' and it's still a pretty weak layer of security anyway. Don't see much of a point limiting it and clogging up people's friend lists with one-off trades.

forum-banner.png