Hurtmei

PvE and PvP Zone World Bosses

Soo. If we make both PvP Zone World Bosses and PvE Zone World Bosses. We can make the PvE Zone World Bosses super hard, 100 players maybe, idk its hard to do an estimate when the game isnt released yet. You fight them in an instance kind of, like when you walk into a zone and everyone that isnt in your party disappears, but you dont teleport to a different location, so you can just walk out if you want but the boss might follow you. If you dont have the aggro though you can leave the ''instance'' and see real players again when you get out of his Lair and there should be a max player in the party so you cant bring 500 people. When one guild/party whatever kills it, no one else can kill it until it respawns (in my opinion when it gets killed it should spawn at a random time next week, so you cant stand outside it super prepared and know when its gonna spawn, so if you kill it on thursday, the cooldown resets on monday and it has a chance to spawn anytime until sunday) and the party that gets it obviously has access to the loot and the pve boss should have a set spawn location imo. This makes it so that smaller guilds can have a chance of killing it if they are good enough, and the bigger guilds massive player amount advantage wont matter as much, just how good the players are and their gear. And then PvP bosses arent as hard, but still need like a minimum of 20 good players to slowly kill it, and the bosses would have alot of health. This makes PvE Zone World Bosses sort of a race to what guild (or party of solo players) can kill the world boss first, and with random starting time it wont always be the absolute best one, since they might not be on or just have really bad luck on the Boss. oh and you should be able to fight it however many times you want, no cooldown, but you cant join respawn until your party has won or wiped. And it should be extremely hard so you cant just slowly and safely bring the health down without any casualties if you just play super safe.  And with PvP zone boss the real fight would be about surviving and killing other players, parties and guilds and not get wiped out so you cant kill and loot the Boss. Idk what the system should be for who gets to loot, if its gonna be most damage, first hit, aggro or whatever but something. With these bosses the smaller guilds wouldnt have as much chance as bigger guilds but they still wouldnt be completely left out since you could just hide and wait for when the boss is low and alot of players are dead and then jump in. And in pvp it would be more about who has the most and best players since it wouldnt be instanced in any way. just a normal zone, and the boss would spawn in a random location in an area so that you cant camp it. I think this would bring alot of fun moments and good competition between guilds, aswell as epic large scale fights and races for the World Bosses. It would also give bragging rights if you have lots of Bosses under your belt ;). The kill should also be announced in the server so people can see who it was, attracting players to join their guild and such aswell, and maybe some sort of interface thing you can open up to see who has killed what bosses, most bosses and things like that, making them kill bosses for fame aswell.

I think world bosses are the kind of thing where anyone should be able to join the fight.

Your idea of "When one guild/party whatever kills it, no one else can kill it until it respawns" seems naive, I think this would cause the same few powerhouse guilds to kill the boss every time it spawned, disallowing other players from EVER defeating it. Even if there is an element of randomness, the same guilds would have enough players to reach there ASAP and defeat it.

I also dislike your suggestion of bosses in PvP zones, I'd get enough shit from guild/party/raid leaders, I don't wanna worry about a bunch of dumbasses killing me at the same time.

Also my suggestions for loot distribution of world bosses:

• Most Damage Dealt
  • Most Damage Taken/Tanked
  • Most Health Healed
  • Last/First Hit Bonuses
  • Semi-Random awards based on % damage dealt, no leeches.

steam 💔 / twitch / 💔 +** myanimelist 😞 💕
++** +:) love ! lit **!++

Then how would you do it? i like my way atleast, but you didnt say another way. You cant have World Bosses that can be killed by everyone since then they would just be farmed, and guild cooperation is boring imo since there wouldnt be any real competition. And about powerhouse guilds killing it everytime well yea, if they are better then they deserve it, you maybe could add a timer for the guild if you lose so they cant spam enter with different groups but you cant really say that we should give World Bosses which are meant to be a very hard and challenging thing to weaker players just because we dont want better players to get it everytime...

presssss the enter key from time to time:

Makes things a lot easier to read.

[Agreeing with thomas] I dont like the idea of having instances for a world boss. I think a world boss should just spawn randomly and everyone can rush to it and everyone gets rewards for contributing, not just the guild who killed it.

I think your idea would be better suited as a PvE competition between guilds. 

Heres some ideas I came up with using yours:

-An instanced area could spawn where only your guild could join your instance. (Maybe even something you can build in the guild base to teleport you to it)

-The boss can be extremely hard as you have your whole guild

-Leaderboard to show completion/times/rewards

-All guilds would have a chance to kill it based on their own skill/merit

-Once killed, cannot kill again until reset.

-Bosses will change (monthly)

20 hours ago, Lyrexio said:

-The boss can be extremely hard as you have your whole guild

Yup, just add some scaling based on number of players engaged with the boss.

20 hours ago, Lyrexio said:

-An instanced area could spawn where only your guild could join your instance. (Maybe even something you can build in the guild base to teleport you to it)

Potentially guilds and large groups of players could do instanced boss 'hunts', similar to Dauntless but with more people. This would get them out of the way of the randoms - although it would split the playerbase, which wouldn't be a good idea if the game doesn't have a lot of players.

Also might be a good idea to have a flat level of rewards so that all players who participate get stuff, like in GW2. I don't think it's a bad system. That is, if you don't want reward to be based on performance. Depends on how you want to approach it.

forum-banner.png