Sign in to follow this  
Dagnome

Community poll about PvP options

What PvP option do you want to see oath have?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. PvP options

• Zoned pvp/arena (the way it currently might be)
    • Open world with a PvP toggle
    • Strictly arena style/matchmaking pvp
    • Open world PvP toggle and Arena style

I know many of you have your wants and ideas about what the PvP should be like in oath but through what i have read, and keeping in mind the teams adamant stance on not forcing anyone to engage in pvp if they choose not to, these were the most prominent options i could come up with that are realistic for oath. I would really like to see the community respond to this to show the developers what their community would prefer so please participate and leave your thoughts after voting!

Your friendly neighborhood moderator.

maybe it's just nostalgia for old runescape where there was this really dangerous place that seemed like a thrilling place to explore but i would prefer zoned areas.  It increases tension in exploration of those areas.

I would prefer if more people were active on the forums so we could have a sample size of at least 30

Edit: I do think more people want Zones only w/ arena, but it seems a decent amount want toggling as well.

Edited by Lyrexio
We reached more than 30

7 hours ago, Faustus said:

Is there a way you could explain those choices in more detail?

I would also like if you could elaborate more on the first post what each option means. If "Zoned pvp/arena (the way it currently might be)" means areas of the map have PvP enabled and there will also be arena/BGs matchmaking, then I would vote for that option.

Regardless, PvP toggle is usually frowned upon, so I'd be careful with that.

On 7/5/2019 at 11:56 AM, Fraser said:

would love 2 servers, a pve server with no toggle and a pvp server with a toggle 

Why would you want to separate PvE players and PvP players into 2 different servers?

On 7/6/2019 at 8:18 PM, Lyrexio said:

Why would you want to separate PvE players and PvP players into 2 different servers?

It is a fairly common practice to have PvE and PvP servers in an MMO but letely i have noticed that trend going by the wayside in favor of the toggle/karma systems.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator.

9 hours ago, Dagnome said:

It is a fairly common practice to have PvE and PvP servers in an MMO but letely i have noticed that trend going by the wayside in favor of the toggle/karma systems.

Yeah I wanna be able to play with PvE Gods and PvP sweaty tryhards same server

Late to the party but just voted. I like PvP but having it be optional/toggle/zoned is a win for everyone. I love PvP but dislike being bothered while I'm solo questing. Thanks for polling the community!