Sign in to follow this  
Aska

Ranger dont need melee spells!!!

Me personally dont like when rangers have melee attacks and i dont like idea of rangers having second melee weapon for those skills. One simple skill as shown in promo video or like 3 of them that gives u distance or short cc so u can reposition would be nice and thats all

I agree with Aska. I love the old school archer classes where you use a bow and only a bow. All you need is a stun for some crowd control and something like a dash that gives you increased move speed for a short while in order to gain some distance on your enemies. I really don't understand why all MMO's are adding in a second weapon and set of skills for a ranged class in recent years.

• Like 1

I also agree. It seems kind of counter productive to give a ranged class, melee weapons or skills. I'd love to see maybe some sort of close up CC skill when someone does get close, but apart from that it should be just ranged skills.

• Like 1

Maybe something like a trap you can drop near you to try and root them for <xx> amount of seconds.

I kinda agree and disagree, personally i am ok with both. But rangers need some mean of close combat if target is too close. U could however make it so that the ranger have evasive skills like step back (stepping few mwters back out of close range to keep the distance) or some form like that.

I guess we will have to see once game drops.

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, SunnlightBro said:

I kinda agree and disagree, personally i am ok with both. But rangers need some mean of close combat if target is too close. U could however make it so that the ranger have evasive skills like step back (stepping few mwters back out of close range to keep the distance) or some form like that.

I guess we will have to see once game drops.

This will be action combat so i think u will have a roll back doge skill on like 5 sec cld or smth with some "doge" bar (just like hp bar just for doge skill xD) so simple stun of knock back or root would give u more then enough time to roll back  and give u a chance to escape if u are good, but yea we need 2 w8 for game to drop 😄

I agree, a archer dont need melee skills maybe he has a dagger to disembowel after a fight but not in the fight mainly.

So long as Archers retain a reasonable means for keeping a distance from their targets to make their abilities effective then I'm all for kicking melee skills to the curb for this class. I wouldn't mind some creative melee range CC that we can use to disengage though, such as smacking a target with their bow and dazing them for a couple of seconds.

9.jpg

Find me on: [Steam] | Discord: [Lich.Daddy.UwU]#3769

sounds like you are setting this class up for immediate failure in pvp. If all they get is a way to get back to range to use their ranged abilities then any class that counters this with gap closers or stuns of their own will render you nothing more than a target dummy. look at old wow (wow classic now) hunters had a few melee abilities because otherwise they were destroyed once someone got into melee range. This would be so hard to balance.

I like a 80/20 split on bow vs. melee. Archers need some melee skills to finish a kill when they get close, but the majority of their damage should come from ranged attacks.

If any other melee-based character catches an archer off-guard, they should not be able to go toe-to-toe with them at all. Granted, I have seen games that allow for melee-spec archers to compete, but they are typically the exception to the rule.