StrongValk

Tank Class

Tank Classes

Should Be a thing                       Colors Meaning                      it would be very nice if added

1-Have tank class that also can do damage but it cant tank like other tanks

2-Tank Classes not dumb and very boring 

3-Can Do something in wars not only tanking damage

• Confused 1

lol the way this entire thread is set up seems so strange. You should try to just say what you want to say I don't really understand 😂

• Haha 2

So what you want is a Bruiser ? They can be quite Tanky if builded that way and will do enough damage due to the nature of a "Bruiser" class

A Tank that can do a lot of damage would be boring as hell for the game. It would be really strong in PVP.

Usually a Tank is for Tanking damage not dealing damage. You either respec to a DPS spec or you reroll another character.

That's what I think at least.

Peace !

Making a tank go outside of its role is not a good idea, but there's nothing stopping the devs from making the tank's role of a tank interesting to play. A variety of buffs, skills and such will allow the gameplay to be fun even if it is fairly limited. Perhaps give the tanks a different area of effectiveness than damage - for example, why not instead give the tank CC?

Different games handle things differently. In games like GW2, many of the classes have a wide variety of play styles (although some with more of a focus on a couple of specific mechanics such as conditions for the Necromancer) and so therefore can do well in many different areas as long you build for it (tank, dps, cc, heal, etc.) - at least in the standard open world and casual PvP. I don't really see this as the way Oath is going, though, as they seem to be focused on the holy trinity and giving classes a bit more of a role (no gameplay yet so we'll never know until we get to try it ourselves, though). The gameplay we've seen also appears to be a bit more active than the average MMO, which is why I think making the tank part of the tank class interesting to play in itself is a good idea.

forum-banner.png