Lyrexio

Lyr's 3 Ranger Archetype Hopes

1. Some type of mid-range Pet+Ranger duo that relies on kiting/micromanagement and trap strategies to excel.

Damage --> both medium CDs and damage, most optimal when both pet and ranger are alive.

Weakness --> Killing the pet will make it do a "pokemon faint" and be unusable until the ranger finishes combat to heal it back up. As a result, the ranger would be sufficiently weakened (as the pet would be near the same strength as the ranger)

2. A close range high mobility ranger that relies on out-maneuvering and awareness.

Damage -->Low but very low CDs, maybe some stacking DoT affects to compliment.

Weakness --> quicker fights, high burst, CCing

3. A long range stealthy ranger that relies on staying out of close range combat to deal damage.

Damage--> Very high but high CDs.

Weakness --> Getting close, they excel by keeping enemies far so that their CDs will have time to reset for more damage.

Let me know what you think or anything you may add!

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 4:12 AM, Lyrexio said:

1. Some type of mid-range Pet+Ranger duo that relies on kiting/micromanagement and trap strategies to excel.

Damage --> both medium CDs and damage, most optimal when both pet and ranger are alive.

Weakness --> Killing the pet will make it do a "pokemon faint" and be unusable until the ranger finishes combat to heal it back up. As a result, the ranger would be sufficiently weakened (as the pet would be near the same strength as the ranger)

2. A close range high mobility ranger that relies on out-maneuvering and awareness.

Damage -->Low but very low CDs, maybe some stacking DoT affects to compliment.

Weakness --> quicker fights, high burst, CCing

3. A long range stealthy ranger that relies on staying out of close range combat to deal damage.

Damage--> Very high but high CDs.

Weakness --> Getting close, they excel by keeping enemies far so that their CDs will have time to reset for more damage.

Let me know what you think or anything you may add!

THIS IS THE S**T, I RLY LIKE THIS GOOD BLESS U MY MAN !!!!

One think that i would add is that number 3. my fav has 2 have some hard CC for any chance of survival

But once more man GOD BLESS YOU

13 minutes ago, Aska said:

THIS IS THE S**T, I RLY LIKE THIS GOOD BLESS U MY MAN !!!!

One think that i would add is that number 3. my fav has 2 have some hard CC for any chance of survival

But once more man GOD BLESS YOU

Thank you for the compliments :).

As for CC, I dont think the 3rd archetype should have any because:

1. They should rely on the help of other players for keeping enemies at bay (social aspect)

2. Having CC and long range/high dps output would be too good. 

--Ex: I use all my cooldowns, do a lot of damage, and now I CC an enemy and run so my CD's reset. (Would be very annoying to play against)

2 hours ago, Lyrexio said:

Thank you for the compliments :).

As for CC, I dont think the 3rd archetype should have any because:

1. They should rely on the help of other players for keeping enemies at bay (social aspect)

2. Having CC and long range/high dps output would be too good. 

--Ex: I use all my cooldowns, do a lot of damage, and now I CC an enemy and run so my CD's reset. (Would be very annoying to play against)

Adressing 1:
I think every class should get around somewhat on their own, unless we are talking about boss/dungeon/really rare monsters

Adressing 2: 
I would also say CC can be really problematic. But their should be at least a liittle hope if they get into melee. If Fighters get a Charge for Example, or Rogues get Stealth and pop up next to them, they should have at least a small answer to get out of there. Like a Roll back or an Additional Dodge, but again both on a high CD.

14.jpg

55 minutes ago, Metimaxi said:

Adressing 1:
I think every class should get around somewhat on their own, unless we are talking about boss/dungeon/really rare monsters

Adressing 2: 
I would also say CC can be really problematic. But their should be at least a liittle hope if they get into melee. If Fighters get a Charge for Example, or Rogues get Stealth and pop up next to them, they should have at least a small answer to get out of there. Like a Roll back or an Additional Dodge, but again both on a high CD.

1. I do personally prefer not having players be able to solo things in an mmo, as a big part of mmo success is the social aspect of it.

2. hmmm that is fair, maybe they could have some knock back/roll back mechanics (like the one shown in the kickstarter video) for their skills up close since they are powerful attacks.

18 minutes ago, Lyrexio said:

1. I do personally prefer not having players be able to solo things in an mmo, as a big part of mmo success is the social aspect of it.

2. hmmm that is fair, maybe they could have some knock back/roll back mechanics (like the one shown in the kickstarter video) for their skills up close since they are powerful attacks.

1. :

Unless you got a lot of time you probably won't be able to focus on all gathering and crafting professions, maybe even the game limits you. So you are at least forced to trade somewhat by this alone.

Regarding PvP: You won't be alone unless you play 1v1. Every other mode will probably focus on team/duo-play. (And honestly... do you really wanna go 1v1 without cc?)

And Guild Content... well... you can make your own guild and don't invite anyone but you won't have much fun with it.

Boss Fights in Raids/Dungeons/Open World: Should absolutely not be soloable unless you are way ahead (level and equipment-wise)

But since you have active dodging and somewhat active aim, you should rewards players with a lot of skill and make somewhat harder content soloable. If they really hit a lot and dodge everything they can, they should be able to do it. I don't think it would be cool if you are going on a great adventure to save the world and can't even solo a Bear, even if you dodge all his attacks.

2. :

Just Rewatched the VIdeo. And yes: Maybe that skill always has the knockback effect, but when an enemy is in X Range you mack that far backflip. So it only get's really effective if you actualyl are in a tough spot.

Edited by Metimaxi

14.jpg