Nachtdrache

PvP toggle instead of PvP zones

15 hours ago, EmberMage said:

For example, limiting PvP party size and allowing friendly fire even on members of same guild (but different party) could bring some interesting gameplay to the table.

In every game I have ever played with friendly fire, it causes alot more problems than its worth for the elements it adds.

Always ends up getting abused by trolls and will just create friction between teammates when one person inevitably hits a teammate on accident.

steam 💔 / twitch / 💔 +** myanimelist 😞 💕
++** +:) love ! lit **!++

I would love if we had PVP toggle AND the pvp zones. People who arent toggled on can go and open pvp in the zones, and the people who are toggled on can go to the zones when they want, and also just have fights in the open world. It makes the game more fun, and if you dont like open pvp then just dont toggle it on.

ALSO if its faction pvp you get to have rivalries which are always fun, but if its factionless then it means I get to just try to kill everyone, which is also very fun.

I think Zoning pvp could be cool as long as they don't put too many benefits behind the pvp zone. Game feels really bad when you don't want to pvp but going there to farm is so much better than anywhere else so it feels pointless to farm anywhere but there. But some benefits behind PVP could be ok. On the other hand I think being able to open world pvp almost anywhere, maybe excluding some safe area's (towns, cities or w.e) would be great too if they had a good way of dissuading random ragging. I said it somewhere else but being able to turn on "passive mode" only making it so that the person trying to kill you has to have their guild "at war" with you and if they're not then they would get some kind of punishment/penalty from killing you. I'd even be cool if they made a PVP Zone similar to the wilderness in OSRS and also included the aforementioned passive mode method of full open-world pvp. Maybe in the PVP zone you'd lose 100% of items with no drawbacks to the victor and not in the PVP zones you don't get their items unless you're at war with their faciton/guild? idk just some ideas.

I would 100% prefer the option to toggle PvP. 

If there *are* PvP zones, the same rewards should be possible to earn outside of PvP zones. 

PvE and PvP players should have access to the same things other than Titles/Ranks maybe. 

There's no fun in forcing PvP. 

Zones always work better for PvP.  Simple fact, toggle PvP is dead PvP 

I’ve said this before, but RuneScape had one of the best PvP systems I’ve come across.  

Edited by Pluto
  • Like 1

On 8/4/2019 at 4:24 PM, xDOPEx said:

If there *are* PvP zones, the same rewards should be possible to earn outside of PvP zones.  

This just strikes me as terrible, why should players be able to earn the same things in different places at different difficulties?

Surely players that want gear earned in PvP Zones should just buy it via market or trading?

1 hour ago, thomas said:

This just strikes me as terrible, why should players be able to earn the same things in different places at different difficulties?

Surely players that want gear earned in PvP Zones should just buy it via market or trading?

Who said anything about different difficulties?

There could be PvE mobs that are just as formidable as the PvP zone 

I’ve said it multiple times... but RuneScape did it best lol 

edit:

To play devils advocate though, I’ve never understood the argument of PvP zone must be found in PvE zone.  With that logic, should all PvE be found in the PvP zone? 😜

To be clear, that’s not what I would ever advocate for.  I think it’s fair that PvP zone resources are found in PvE, the difficulty just has to be similar.  And on the same vein, I would never want PvE clutter in the PvP zone.  Select PvE in PvP is great.

Edited by Pluto

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Because not everybody wants to PvP in an MMORPG. Why should that lock people out of rewards? 

Also, if PvE players could buy PvP Rewards via Market/Trading, that would mean players being able to earn the same things in different places. 

@Pluto "toggle PvP is dead PvP" - That would mean nobody wants to do it, and in that case, why would you ever try and force something on players?

51 minutes ago, xDOPEx said:

Because not everybody wants to PvP in an MMORPG. Why should that lock people out of rewards? 

Also, if PvE players could buy PvP Rewards via Market/Trading, that would mean players being able to earn the same things in different places. 

@Pluto "toggle PvP is dead PvP" - That would mean nobody wants to do it, and in that case, why would you ever try and force something on players?

You missed my entire argument, nice!  My point is that you could flip it and say not everyone wants to PvE, why should that lock them out of rewards?

edit: haha, just realized that wasn’t my quote 😛

Many people are of the opinion that buying things at the market isn’t good enough.  I have no opinion on the matter.

The problem with toggle PvP isn’t that no one wants to do it, it’s the lack of concentration.  Spreading PvP outside of a zone makes it rare for people to come across each other for a fight.  Allowing non PvP flagged players into a PvP zone causes clutter that adversely affects the PvP dynamic.  It becomes a “so many players I come across are PvE, why should I even bother?”

Lose lose all around.  It’s best just to keep zoned PvP in the traditional sense. PvE minded players never have to set foot in the instance, and PvP players are left happy.  Now that’s a win win 

Edited by Pluto
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pluto said:

My point is that you could flip it and say not everyone wants to PvE, why should that lock them out of rewards?

If I had to argue that, I'd say because it's a PvE game..

On the other hand, I'm the one saying that the same rewards should be available to both PvE/PvP. Here's a quote from myself just a few posts up! 

On 8/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, xDOPEx said:

PvE and PvP players should have access to the same things other than Titles/Ranks maybe.

You must have missed that entire post, nice! 😜

22 minutes ago, xDOPEx said:

On the other hand, I'm the one saying that the same rewards should be available to both PvE/PvP. Here's a quote from myself just a few posts up! 

You must have missed that entire post, nice! 😜

Then if I had to argue it, I’d say it’s because it’s a PvP game.  🙂

Just saying, it’s flimsy arguments all around.  It all boils down to opinion and personal bias.

I just really hope the arena will allow “stakes” to be placed.  Always loved duels with a purpose 

Edited by Pluto

23 hours ago, xDOPEx said:

The rest of this argument is down to personal opinion honestly but this statement is just not true.

For the game to have an "Advanced Continent Wars & Monarchy" system, there is no way in hell its a PvE game.

Would just like to remind:

PvP zones will not have inaccessible rewards to those who do not wish to go within. Rather, just easier to farm. Ex: respawn rate of 30 sec instead of 1 min

Players that do not wish to pvp will not have to.

Players that do not wish to pve will have to.

This concept rewards players who are skilled at both PvE and PvP.

Anyone who thinks players who are willing to take a risk, and excel at both PvP and PvE, have an 'unfair advantage' compared to someone who can only do 1/3 of those, is simply wrong.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 1:28 PM, easy said:

Giving in to carebears who don't want to participate in PVP ruins openworld games. 

Fully agree, combat is a big focus here so don't stifle it with being too care bear friendly.

• Like 1