Nachtdrache

PvP toggle instead of PvP zones

Curious what people think of being able to toggle open world pvp on or off instead of it being tied to certain zones. Right now its proposed that pvp zones give more rewards to compensate for the increase risk.

- PVP Toggle on or off only in main cities can't do it in the open world

- Provides bonus drop rates everywhere instead of specific zones

- No penalty for killing other flagged players

- You can only group with people that have the same PvP status as you as to not allow for healing/buff abusing from non-flagged players or they're unable to buff/heal you.

Just curious what others think of this system compared to other systems. Seems like a good middle ground to all the folks that want more pvp and all the folks who want no pvp at all or opt in only pvp.

Some might say PvPers shouldn't get PvE buffs, but with the current proposed system you're going to be pvping weather you like it or not in high end zones it sounds like. I personally do not care if there is any bonus for being flagged for pvp I participate because its what I enjoy.

I would prefer that over all would be to keep the pvp zones and allow people to flag in the non pvp zones for their own enjoyment. 

I'd rather have the zones instead of players being able to completely cut off themselves from the PvP  by never toggling the PvP on. Not even talking about that it could be easily abused, where someone would turn the PvP on, try to kill someone, then realize he can't win and just toggle it off and the attacked player wouldn't be able to do anything.

However i'd prefer PvP system like what BDO had with open world pvp being available pretty much everywhere except the cities. But that's not going to happen so it's pointless to wish for that.

So yea, personally i think it's a terrible idea. So i'd rather have them just do zones instead, in that way the people who don't mind taking bigger risks (even if they are PvE players) might participate in PvP by trying to get the benefits of the PvP areas.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Linger said:

I'd rather have the zones instead of players being able to completely cut off themselves from the PvP  by never toggling the PvP on. Not even talking about that it could be easily abused, where someone would turn the PvP on, try to kill someone, then realize he can't win and just toggle it off and the attacked player wouldn't be able to do anything.

However i'd prefer PvP system like what BDO had with open world pvp being available pretty much everywhere except the cities. But that's not going to happen so it's pointless to wish for that.

Two lines from my original post.....

- PVP Toggle on or off only in main cities can't do it in the open world <----listed because of the stupid crap people do in BDO with their flagging system

I would prefer that over all would be to keep the pvp zones and allow people to flag in the non pvp zones for their own enjoyment. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Nachtdrache said:

Two lines from my original post.....

- PVP Toggle on or off only in main cities can't do it in the open world <----listed because of the stupid crap people do in BDO with their flagging system

oh, ok. I somehow missed that main city part. Anyway, it could still be abused cuz they could go back to the main city or mby there will be teleport option back to the city and turn it off there and just come back so yea, that would have to be resolved as well. Also no one knows how big the world actually is going to be in Oath, cuz BDO's world wasn't really that big and even if that system you are proposing would be in BDO, people could easily abuse it there cuz going from grinding spot to main city literally took under 5 minutes in most spots.

Also BDO PvP system worked differently cuz you couldn't turn off PvP and still could get killed even if you weren't flagged.

And the 

3 hours ago, Nachtdrache said:

is pretty much an upgrade from their current zone system in my eyes as well. But duels should be available in all of the zones, so that's kind of it in a way.

Edited by Linger

Giving in to carebears who don't want to participate in PVP ruins openworld games. 

• Like 4

QCpaHh6.gif

5 hours ago, easy said:

Giving in to carebears who don't want to participate in PVP ruins openworld games. 

Bruh this ain’t a pvp game, go find something else

• Like 1

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, TITAN said:

Bruh this ain’t a pvp game, go find something else

The largest stretch goal is "Advanced Continent Wars & Monarchies." 
If that doesn't prove to you that the game is pvp-based, I don't know what to tell you lmfao

Man up kid

@tsutsu L0000000000000000000000000000000L

• Like 3

QCpaHh6.gif

3 hours ago, easy said:

The largest stretch goal is "Advanced Continent Wars & Monarchies." 
If that doesn't prove to you that the game is pvp-based, I don't know what to tell you lmfao

Man up kid

Hide contents

@tsutsu L0000000000000000000000000000000L

Yeah, you definitely have a better idea about the game then me, seeing as you aren’t allowed on the discord 

spacer.png

13 hours ago, TITAN said:

Yeah, you definitely have a better idea about the game then me, seeing as you aren’t allowed on the discord 

doesnt mean anything lmfao? every1 is still there bro discord is free. (also pvp is largest stretch goal btw)

QCpaHh6.gif

5 hours ago, tsutsu said:

doesnt mean anything lmfao? every1 is still there bro discord is free. (also pvp is largest stretch goal btw)

It means, odds are, the devs don’t think you guys matter much, have y’all even see the latest previews?

spacer.png

8 hours ago, TITAN said:

It means, odds are, the devs don’t think you guys matter much, have y’all even see the latest previews?

ye, prolly saw them before u did (lol)

• Like 1

QCpaHh6.gif

The game is based around both PvE and PvP guys, it's true that they are more focused on PvE though (This was mentioned in Discord). Imo having a toggle PvP ruins the risk/reward and gives nobody a reason to go to these PvP zones, which is why it wouldn't work for Oath.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TITAN said:

5uKLtCl.png

• Like 4

QCpaHh6.gif

3 hours ago, Mako said:

The game is based around both PvE and PvP guys, it's true that they are more focused on PvE though (This was mentioned in Discord). Imo having a toggle PvP ruins the risk/reward and gives nobody a reason to go to these PvP zones, which is why it wouldn't work for Oath.

Absolutely agree - pvp toggling doesn't make sense for an explicitly openworld game. The risk/reward factor is the thing that drives games with openworlds, being able to negate the risk factor and assure the reward ruins the point.

• Like 4

QCpaHh6.gif

Posted (edited)

Nvm lol, stop flexing the fact you needed to talk about being banned

Edited by TITAN

spacer.png

9 hours ago, TITAN said:

Then please explain how tf your banned

8 hours ago, TITAN said:

Nvm lol, stop flexing the fact you needed to talk about being banned

please explain how this relates to the topic of pvp toggling? not sure I quite follow.

• Like 2

QCpaHh6.gif

pvp toggle is zzz

pvp zones is gang shit

allowing players to pvp in non-pvp zones under a dual request system is gang shit

ur idea bad

hoes mad

steam 💔 / twitch / 💔 +** myanimelist 😞 💕
++** +:) love ! lit **!++

I always go to DAoC as my favorite style of PvP. Complete separation of PvE and PvP content. So I'd have to say I favor the zoned approach over a toggle. The worst for me is fully open PvP. I avoid the games that go that route, just not my cup of tea, especially with generally having only short bursts of playtimes available.

2.jpg

On 6/7/2019 at 5:44 AM, easy said:

5uKLtCl.png

On 6/8/2019 at 6:00 AM, easy said:

please explain how this relates to the topic of pvp toggling? not sure I quite follow.

What’s does this screenshot have to do with pvp toggling 

spacer.png

Posted (edited)
On 6/6/2019 at 6:58 PM, TITAN said:

9 hours ago, TITAN said:

What does this have to do with pvp toggling 

Edited by tsutsu

QCpaHh6.gif

On 6/8/2019 at 10:08 PM, thomas said:

pvp toggle is zzz

pvp zones is gang shit

allowing players to pvp in non-pvp zones under a dual request system is gang shit

ur idea bad

hoes mad

retweet

• Like 1

QCpaHh6.gif

Posted (edited)

spacer.png

☝️ This is from the About section of Oath website and is what drew me to Oath in the first place.

Now, I don't know if the devs are shifting their focus more towards open world zone PvP or staying true to what they originally promised, but either way, I think I wouldn't mind having open world PvP as long as it is zone based (no toggle/flagging please, trust me 😑) and is properly implemented. Locking items, NPCs or quest chains exclusively behind PvP zones and having no alternative maps/zones to access the same would be a serious let down for me. While I enjoy open world PvP from time to time, the reason I recently quit Albion Online (a sandbox mmorpg with full loot open world zone-based PvP) is because it ultimately became a zerg-fest with large guilds dominating the most lucrative PvP zones and incessantly hunting down solo, duo, parties of 5 and even small guild of 10 to 20 players. At that point, it's either "join one of the large guilds" or say goodbye to those zones forever which I don't think was much fun. Besides, as there are players who would kill for full open world PvP, there are also players would like to enjoy the challenging PvE content without being interrupted by PvP mechanics unless they choose to. I think respecting both mindsets is the best way to go. Personally, I would like to try everything the game will have to offer (PvE, PvP, open world, instances, etc.). But, I hope that some of the known problems with having open world PvP vs instanced PvP are addressed during implementation (if open world PvP is implemented; and yes, Advanced continent wars, world vs world, continent battles, monarchy, etc. - everything can be instanced; doesn't necessarily mean that they will be implemented as open world PvP).

For example, limiting PvP party size and allowing friendly fire even on members of same guild (but different party) could bring some interesting gameplay to the table. I love to strategize, ambush and feel like I have a chance in solo, duo or small groups. I would like to know that if I'm getting murdered it's because of lack of skill/items/proper stat/skill distribution/class combos, etc. and I can do something about it and not because I don't stand a chance cause a certain guild of 100 players has claimed exclusive rights to a zone and has 30 players in the zone at any given time ready to murder anyone who tries to get to the dungeon entrance which has no other way of being accessed other than that PvP zone.

Just my opinion of course. 🙂

Edited by EmberMage
  • Like 2

spacer.png