Sign in to follow this  
Platypus

Pledging worries.

I would very much like to back Oath and the Readyupstudios team. 
However with the current amount of content released I am not comfortable in investing presently.
I have spent too much money in the past on early access games that have flopped hard or have no release date in sight.

My worry is though, that by the time there will be more content and I'll feel comfortable with the fact this game is not just another dream that it will then be far to late to pledge.

So my question is mainly, will there be future options to buy packages for those who did not back during the kickstarter (+bonus month). Obviously those packages will not include the kickstarter only rewards (such as the cosmetics/pets)

Edited by Platypus

Just now, SunnlightBro said:

Yes, there will be. As a form of Founders pack, Tho like you said, it will be less (without the kickstarter exclusives etc).

Do you know if these packs will have the option to be able to save character names/guild names aswell? As they are not so much exclusives.

I do believe the name reservations were intended to be kickstarter exclusives as well but that may change. It is hard to speculate what the founders packs will contain at this moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your friendly neighborhood moderator.

I really think that the Oath should give a Founder item for actually joining the game when it first started. (Which doesn't cost any amount of money)

This item should only be allowed on one account and can't be farmed by making different accounts and transporting it to one single account.

- Slaughter the Rogue One-Trick

On 5/30/2019 at 10:12 PM, Dagnome said:

I do believe the name reservations were intended to be kickstarter exclusives as well but that may change. It is hard to speculate what the founders packs will contain at this moment.

I believe we were told name reservations were for packages of $25 or more, if this is not the case any longer I would be quite irritated.

steam 💔 / twitch / 💔 +** myanimelist 😞 💕
++** +:) love ! lit **!++

9 hours ago, Slaughter said:

I really think that the Oath should give a Founder item for actually joining the game when it first started. (Which doesn't cost any amount of money)

This item should only be allowed on one account and can't be farmed by making different accounts and transporting it to one single account.

- Slaughter the Rogue One-Trick

Why a founder item? Maybe something like an early release thank you note or something like that but a founder item isn't really something that'd be handed out to everyone just because they joined a free to play game when it releases

11.jpg

On 5/30/2019 at 2:01 PM, Platypus said:

I would very much like to back Oath and the Readyupstudios team. 
However with the current amount of content released I am not comfortable in investing presently.
I have spent too much money in the past on early access games that have flopped hard or have no release date in sight.

My worry is though, that by the time there will be more content and I'll feel comfortable with the fact this game is not just another dream that it will then be far to late to pledge.

So my question is mainly, will there be future options to buy packages for those who did not back during the kickstarter (+bonus month). Obviously those packages will not include the kickstarter only rewards (such as the cosmetics/pets)

I understand how you feel, been there myself multiple times, one thing I can tell you though from experience, which I like what Ready-Up Studios did, is they are giving you the option to upgrade your current pledge until release day. Now what makes this so special is that if you pledge $50 you now have the ability to upgrade to other kickstarter packages... which is a huge deal honestly. Now the reason I said the $50 is due to not knowing if the $25 pledge will get you in the door for the kickstarter stuff. 

Now I understand you don't want to spend a dime yet till further things are announced... If you have $50 to spare I recommend you do. However if you don't then don't... also ask Stephen if the $25 pledge will get you into the kickstarter upgrade tier of stuff, cause if it does then... GG ??

P.S. whatever your decision is, make it quick cause the kickstarter stuff will be removed soon (June 3rd)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CresentChaos said:

I understand how you feel, been there myself multiple times, one thing I can tell you though from experience, which I like what Ready-Up Studios did, is they are giving you the option to upgrade your current pledge until release day. Now what makes this so special is that if you pledge $50 you now have the ability to upgrade to other kickstarter packages... which is a huge deal honestly. Now the reason I said the $50 is due to not knowing if the $25 pledge will get you in the door for the kickstarter stuff. 

Now I understand you don't want to spend a dime yet till further things are announced... If you have $50 to spare I recommend you do. However if you don't then don't... also ask Stephen if the $25 pledge will get you into the kickstarter upgrade tier of stuff, cause if it does then... GG ??

P.S. whatever your decision is, make it quick cause the kickstarter stuff will be removed soon (June 3rd)

I was told June 15th for the removal of the KS stuff.

1 minute ago, Platypus said:

I was told June 15th for the removal of the KS stuff.

😮 let me confirm this, last time I was told June 3rd but it was on 5/11/2019 so maybe something changed.

28 minutes ago, CresentChaos said:

😮 let me confirm this, last time I was told June 3rd but it was on 5/11/2019 so maybe something changed.

Yeah, to get enough of the ks artwork done there pushing it back around 2 weeks, to the 15th

spacer.png

On 6/1/2019 at 5:37 AM, thomas said:

I believe we were told name reservations were for packages of $25 or more, if this is not the case any longer I would be quite irritated.

Yes name reservations were $25 or more and guild name reservations are $100+

Your friendly neighborhood moderator.