Sign in to follow this  
Tazety

Combat Melee based healer

I have a concept for a combat focused healer. My concept class requires you to land hits on enemies to build a energy pool of sorts, then use that energy to cast healing spells or maybe cc spells too. This incentivizes you to attack the enemy rather than hang back, meaning the more successful attacks you land the more potent your spells or the ability to cast more frequently ( basically if you don't attack your a useless rock in the way ). Then to separate the excellent players from the average players you can add in the dodging aspect of your combat system into play. Meaning that if you can manage to dodge enough attacks then you can instead of using your abilities to heal yourself, can buff or heal your team mates instead or maybe even debuff enemies causing you to kill an enemy faster or survive a fight better. The kind of style Im going for is a rouge like fighting style with quick attacks to get in, build there energy, fall back and cast. This gives a more action style of healing instead of your vanilla caster mage who hangs at the back avoiding fighting and managing their resources. I think this class may bring more new people towards the healer role and giving veteran healers the option to change it up. Thank you.

• Like 4

@Tazety I like this because it gives healer mains a choice to heal in a short range from the boss or long range. They could be considered melee healers in raids and focus on heavy AoE healing and shielding. I like the concept and this could be an amazing specialization / class.

Warhammer Online had warrior priests and Disciples that were melee healers. Most will remember them for group heal spams that were OP but they had a spec that allowed them to do melee attacks that did splash healing and some descent single target heals as well( the game allowed you to have both a friendly and enemy target at the same time.) It did less damage than their DPS lines and less healing than their healing spec but it was a good middle ground and was pretty fun.

I really hope they add some depth to healers becuase its getting boring same style throughout alot of mmos

• Like 1