Bonebraker

What would you like the ranger to be ?

I just like being able to get that physical damage from afar, if they have branching paths maybe 1 can go hunter with a pet while others try different approaches. Crossbow or short bow maybe? 

I usually prefer archer/ranger class, to hit fast, but low dmg per hit. With a few skills that can hit hard. slows/stuns.

Oh and, evade on archer should be some kind of flip, with cc-immunity while in the air. I dislike mmo's that make it a roll and stuff like that on archers.

• Like 3

If classes branch off (e.g. Mage can become a pyromancer or cryomancer) then I think it'd be cool to have a "lone wolf" ranger tree as well as some form of pet variant. My favorite Ranger experience in all of the MMORPG's I've played thus far is the Primeval from Archeage; glass cannons with evasion skills (Short blink teleports, backflipping away, etc.) and sustained DPS. I also think it's important that Archers have the ability to move while "casting", especially since this game has action combat. 

9.jpg

Find me on: [Steam] | Discord: [Lich.Daddy.UwU]#3769

On 5/22/2019 at 5:06 PM, Jackroyal said:

I see a pet class incoming.. also, something similar to Hawkeye

I forgot that Summoner was going to be a thing. On that note, I'm unsure if Ranger's getting a pet too may outshine a class that's meant to have pets. It could be done, but Ranger pets would need to be inferior to Summoner pets I think.

9.jpg

Why is that if I may ask? Rangers shouldn't need to be penalized just because there's a second pet class.  Until we get some hard feedback on their thoughts of mechanics and abilities these classes will actually have we can only speculate it hope one way or the other.. who knows maybe they intended ranger to have a pet from the beginning.

1 hour ago, Jackroyal said:

Why is that if I may ask? Rangers shouldn't need to be penalized just because there's a second pet class.  

I suppose they could be equals if their pets served different purposes, I just didn't want to see one class making another class obsolete in some way. :classic_biggrin:

9.jpg

I would imagine that a ranger's pet would be a single animal friend, while a summoner would have multiple pets that do multiple things that they could have a few up at the same time. Both would still have pets, but visually and mechanically should be quite different.

On 5/22/2019 at 11:59 PM, YourClosetLlama said:

If classes branch off (e.g. Mage can become a pyromancer or cryomancer) then I think it'd be cool to have a "lone wolf" ranger tree as well as some form of pet variant. My favorite Ranger experience in all of the MMORPG's I've played thus far is the Primeval from Archeage; glass cannons with evasion skills (Short blink teleports, backflipping away, etc.) and sustained DPS. I also think it's important that Archers have the ability to move while "casting", especially since this game has action combat. 

I like the pet idea and i like sustained DPS while moving around and with no animation timer, but what rly makes me play Ranger is Aion BURST ranger build where you could jump form anywhere  and burst the shit out of healers and mages, assassins. It would be awesome if we could chose form 3 types of rangers: Pet (dont wonna talk about it never liked it) , Kite sustained DPS and Burst... and that we can swap them when needed. Ty

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Aska said:

I like the pet idea and i like sustained DPS while moving around and with no animation timer, but what rly makes me play Ranger is Aion BURST ranger build where you could jump form anywhere  and burst the shit out of healers and mages, assassins. It would be awesome if we could chose form 3 types of rangers: Pet (dont wonna talk about it never liked it) , Kite sustained DPS and Burst... and that we can swap them when needed. Ty

Burst sounds like fun! I've never played a burst ranger before, so I would definitely try it.

9.jpg

14 hours ago, YourClosetLlama said:

Burst sounds like fun! I've never played a burst ranger before, so I would definitely try it.

This is how i imagine rangers something like this, Aion had sigma system, where u could chose form Kite just run around lots of dps small Cd on spells, dot with traps and tones of cc, or Burst with decent CD and buffs as u can see in video

Edited by Aska

This is how i imagine rangers something like this, Aion had sigma system, where u could chose form Kite just run around lots of dps small Cd on spells, dot with traps and tones of cc, or Burst with decent CD and buffs as u can see in video

To be honest these skills cancel total any casting or just purpose of aiming which in this game thanks action combat system you will have plenty.. so except something way slower...

Edited by Hersik

7 hours ago, Hersik said:

To be honest these skills cancel total any casting or just purpose of aiming which in this game thanks action combat system you will have plenty.. so except something way slower...

I know it aion is tab target offers animation canceling and slide shots, jump shots  and i agree the game play will be slower then Aions, but the concept of burst ranger like in this video is something i would like to see in this game...