Jessica

Priest Hopes?

Long range, low/medium damage, some decent long duration buffs, few light temporary buffs, strong single target heal, low'ish area-of-effect healing, some dots. 

Personally I hate too many short buffs, shields, and other mechanics. It makes it complex, and I'm sure a lot loves that, but for me personally, it feels like a chore and becomes too stressful, for something I play for enjoyment in the evening. 

I like the idea of being able to heal through doing damage as an option.  I can remember a dps in WoW wanting to kick my disc priest because I was dealing damage and not healing.  Funny how no one had died though.  As a healer I like to have a full bag of tricks and pick the ones that suit my play style best.

1 hour ago, Pepper said:

Mystic in Tera was a ton of fun. I really hope they go for something skill paths like Aegice said. And I think they've said they're going for skill-trees, which might mean the possibility of picking and choosing skills so you can adapt your build 

A wise man 🙂

Would probably be multiple specs, and yes mystic in tera was fun for sure, hoping for something like that who is damage/healer who have some control too. Also a pure healing priest that focus mainly on the healing much like holy in WoW I guess or any other priest class in any other MMO, and finally a paladin of sort that does melee combat and heals while doing damage and provides buffs. 

I hope the healing feels impactful, flow well, and the different specs are all useful. Whether it’s through different builds or stances, I think being able to choose between dps (for leveling), pure healing, or buffs would be fun.

Or possibly some sort of combo heals that aren’t insta-cast but have to be built up to in order to hit big numbers so that you have to pay attention and plan ahead.

I'm hoping to see something similar to what the Monk was in GW1, you had the option of powerful heals through burst heal or nice percent and/or base damage mitigation. One of the cooler skills on there was Healing Hands + Reversal Fortune that essentially healed you for a percent of physical incoming. 

Posted (edited)

I am planning on playing a healer main my self. I am hoping a Priest will have the ability to focus on direct raw healing, less on the buff side. Yes, I believe priests should have some buffs, but that mainly should be up to other classes.  Burst heals, HOT (heal over time), and AOE (Area of effect) heals should be their focus.

Edited by HermesKriopho

Let's remember too that the priest is only the base class, with the different subclass options we have we are not confined to trying to make the perfect character under one class "roof". The possibilities here are exciting. 

Your friendly neighborhood moderator.

Will these classes within n priest be a permanent choice or are we talking like wow talents and specs?

A healer that can output some strong heals to keep their team alive with decent buffs but also hoping for some damage skills that are actually decent, my biggest issue with healers in some games is they dont have good damage dealing skills make it hard to level up solo.

1 minute ago, Biglizard56 said:

I want a priest with a big hammer. Basically a paladin

A Paladin is not a priest. You should make a new post stating that you would like to see Paladin within the game. Similar to how I want to see Witch Doctor in game.

Both would have an ability to heal, but both are not priest. 

I would like to see big Aoe heals + heal that needs aim like tera priest also party buffs and decent damage to survive through out leveling

Skill trees are the only way they're going to make this class feel like anything other than a token class. Healers so rarely get any love in MMOs. A token "you can heal that's all you need" classes. I do like healing but I've been doing it for 20 years and it gets tiring games throwing one healing class in the middle of 6 dps (bow range, magic range, melee dps, melee support dps) and 2 tank classes and watching the community gripe about not enough healers. It's a developer-crafted problem and it's not like healers enjoy having zero variation to choose from in classes. "Oh looks like I get to wield a staff or a mace again". Having the ability to choose from as many different weapon and combat styles as dps or tanks would be nice for a change.

i want to be a fat dwarf with big armor... still wearing a staff... 

i want the casting animations from warhammer online runepriest...

i want a spammable instant damage spell with range... 

i want a healing over time...

i want a spammable instant self healing spell... 

i want some kind of crowdcontrol...

---

all in all... i want my runepriest back... and let him wear heavy armor... 

Posted (edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 11:45 AM, Jessica said:

That could be a very good way of doing it, or even if it's like classic world of warcraft where you could just pick and choose your passives & abilities and form your own builds

Disc priest from WoW, and Prot Monk from GW1 are my 2 favorite examples of healers. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy smashing heals and dabbing on someone who's about to kill my teammate while I throw 3x heals his way and bump him from 10% health up to 85%. But it is much more skillful when you can get great at "pre-prots". In GW1 a LOT of the prot monk skills were about throwing mitigation spells on an ally right before or immediately as they are about to be attacked. One of my favorite spells "Reversal of Fortune" was an instant cast spell that would actually block the next incoming attack, and in turn would heal the player if it successfully blocked an attack. However the ability only lasted for about 2 seconds on whoever it was casted on. So usually, how it played out, is you would see someone winding up a high damage attack at your teammate. Then you would buff that teammate with "Reversal of Fortune" right as the opponent ended his cast animation, and it would end up negating their high damage charge-up attack while at the same time healing your teammate. Stuff like that makes me absolutely loves playing a support role!

Also, although I have no issues with a "hybrid" dps/support role. I am much more interested in healer/supports that have very low offense.

Edited by DEEZL

On 6/8/2019 at 6:34 AM, DEEZL said:

Disc priest from WoW, and Prot Monk from GW1 are my 2 favorite examples of healers. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy smashing heals and dabbing on someone who's about to kill my teammate while I throw 3x heals his way and bump him from 10% health up to 85%. But it is much more skillful when you can get great at "pre-prots". In GW1 a LOT of the prot monk skills were about throwing mitigation spells on an ally right before or immediately as they are about to be attacked. One of my favorite spells "Reversal of Fortune" was an instant cast spell that would actually block the next incoming attack, and in turn would heal the player if it successfully blocked an attack. However the ability only lasted for about 2 seconds on whoever it was casted on. So usually, how it played out, is you would see someone winding up a high damage attack at your teammate. Then you would buff that teammate with "Reversal of Fortune" right as the opponent ended his cast animation, and it would end up negating their high damage charge-up attack while at the same time healing your teammate. Stuff like that makes me absolutely loves playing a support role!

Also, although I have no issues with a "hybrid" dps/support role. I am much more interested in healer/supports that have very low offense.

Do you know if Prot Monk exists in GW2? I was going to get into it but there's no real enjoyable Support role

11.jpg

4 hours ago, Jessica said:

Do you know if Prot Monk exists in GW2? I was going to get into it but there's no real enjoyable Support role

I don't know to be honest. I never played GW2. They may have changed things since the beginning of GW2, but I know when GW2 started it had no plans of having any type of primary support or tank roles. They wanted to stray away from the "holy trinity".

Lowkey hoping for some skilltree options, e.g some dps skills/skilltree for a bit of solo play without having to rely on a dps all the time/a dps alt

Posted (edited)

I hope they also add a damage priest. After all it says Priest, not healer.

It could damage enemies with light/ holy fire. Provide more offensive instead of defensive buffs. And maybe some combined effect (like consecrating an area, causing dmg to enemies/ buffing allies for a short time).
It would be a niche that deals damage but also buffs your allies with short term effects.

Edit: And i REALLY REALLY hope, that for priest you will also have to actively aim most of your skills. Some action combat games unfortunately then turn their healers into tab target healers.

Edited by Metimaxi

14.jpg

Options are always nice to fit personal play styles.

AoE Heals/Proximity Heals are fun to me, like Phoenix in Dirty Bomb. 

I don't have a whole lot of Healing EXP but I'm planning on going all in on it for Oath. 

I'd like to get into some Buff/Debuff/Shield work also. 

I'd also rather have CC than DPS. 

Anyway it goes, I'm excited for this game.