Jessica

Priest Hopes?

As someone who will probably main a priest in the game, what are people hoping the play style is like? I'm personally hoping for stuff with Damage Mitigation & Buffing allies over just raw healing.

What are some people whom are going to play priests thoughts and hopes for the class? 

11.jpg

I guess I kinda hope it's similar to a WoW disc priest where it's as you said lots of buffing and shielding I mean I love seeing big numbers so overhealings always nice but there's definitely more skill in being able to make your team survive with more shields than POW your gunshot wound to the head is magically gone!

• Like 2

11.jpg

For pure priest I'd hope to see powerful healing, buffing, and high damage to undead. Damage mitigation is great but I just find my teammates get into worse situations if they don't see their health dropping fast.....

I'll definitely be having my main as some form of healing class as well.

A main focus on Healing abilities with some Support abilities I think would be nice. Having just healing can make a dungeon run a bit boring. I'm also hoping that they're a ranged class and not a melee healer

With the different sub-class paths they could easily have different routes focus on all three parts, with each still having some capability in the other two

2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Quasxen said:

I'll definitely be having my main as some form of healing class as well.

A main focus on Healing abilities with some Support abilities I think would be nice. Having just healing can make a dungeon run a bit boring. I'm also hoping that they're a ranged class and not a melee healer

With the different sub-class paths they could easily have different routes focus on all three parts, with each still having some capability in the other two

Now you mention that I really want a melee healer. Slap your teammates to full health! 

11.jpg

Out of this class list I feel that Priest will be the only healing option?  I would like to see a heavy focus on raw healing first, then mitigation, and light buffs.

7 minutes ago, Trick said:

I guess I kinda hope it's similar to a WoW disc priest where it's as you said lots of buffing and shielding I mean I love seeing big numbers so overhealings always nice but there's definitely more skill in being able to make your team survive with more shields than POW your gunshot wound to the head is magically gone!

If it's the same as Disc Priest then RIP my entire life, Disc Priest is my favorite type of healing ever, just pure damage mitigation rather than healing itself. (Stephen please)

• Like 1

11.jpg

I'm hoping there are a lot of skills and skill paths similar to GW1, so there could be Healing Priests and Protection Priests and Smiting Priests

• Like 4

8.jpg

2 minutes ago, Aegice said:

I'm hoping there are a lot of skills and skill paths similar to GW1, so there could be Healing Priests and Protection Priests and Smiting Priests

That could be a very good way of doing it, or even if it's like classic world of warcraft where you could just pick and choose your passives & abilities and form your own builds

• Like 1

11.jpg

Ever see the mage healer (Chloromancer) from Rift? They were pretty fun to play. They healed the party by doing damage to enemies

• Like 1

2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Quasxen said:

Ever see the mage healer (Chloromancer) from Rift? They were pretty fun to play. They healed the party by doing damage to enemies

That's what discipline priest is in warcraft, you put a buff on allies and they are healed for a percentage of your damage

• Like 2

11.jpg

Just now, Jessica said:

That's what discipline priest is in warcraft, you put a buff on allies and they are healed for a percentage of your damage

Never did priest in WoW, I was hunter during those years. Good to know though. I back this build style then

2.jpg

I'm overall hoping that since I don't see the guardian class mentioned in the classes topic that we'll get the ray healing ability thing shown in the KS video for priests if we do hot damn best bet my life going straight into priest 24/7

11.jpg

Just now, Trick said:

I'm overall hoping that since I don't see the guardian class mentioned in the classes topic that we'll get the ray healing ability thing shown in the KS video for priests if we do hot damn best bet my life going straight into priest 24/7

I hope the devs don't implement a themepark class system in which that if you choose Healer, you have only these 5, 6 abilities and there's no extra stuff you can get forcing you into a singular playstyle.

If there is a system that you can choose your own abilities, passives & form your own playstyle then I'd be hyped as HECK

• Like 1

11.jpg

Just now, Jessica said:

I hope the devs don't implement a themepark class system in which that if you choose Healer, you have only these 5, 6 abilities and there's no extra stuff you can get forcing you into a singular playstyle.

If there is a system that you can choose your own abilities, passives & form your own playstyle then I'd be hyped as HECK

Yeah I'd really enjoy that, like if they wanna limit the abilities on our hot bar they could take a page from Diablo making use of the fact you can only have a set number of abilities BUT have more than you can use making it you can create multiple builds whilst not being too overwhelmed 

11.jpg

Just now, Trick said:

Yeah I'd really enjoy that, like if they wanna limit the abilities on our hot bar they could take a page from Diablo making use of the fact you can only have a set number of abilities BUT have more than you can use making it you can create multiple builds whilst not being too overwhelmed 

no fuck that, let me have 12 hotbars with 12 abilities on each so I can fully utilize my keyboard

/s

• Like 1

11.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jessica said:

no fuck that, let me have 12 hotbars with 12 abilities on each so I can fully utilize my keyboard

/s

🤣 ah the joys of your entire screen being hotbars with varying cooldown timers going and the smallest little patch for seeing what's in front of you

• Like 1

2.jpg

Just now, Quasxen said:

🤣 ah the joys of your entire screen being hotbars with varying cooldown timers going and the smallest little patch for seeing what's in front of you

Isn't that the true end-game for healers?

11.jpg

Just now, Jessica said:

Isn't that the true end-game for healers?

Healers, we don't watch the game, we watch health bars. Half the time stuck on a wall running in place because the person we had auto follow on ditched us there

• Haha 1

2.jpg

Would depend on the game. If you can move and cast auto-follow helped keep you in range. If you couldn't move and cast, then auto-follow was the bane to be avoided like the plague

2.jpg

I'm hoping for a mix between wows holy and disc priest. I would like them to functionally be able to fill any healing role and be capable clof contributing to dps (nothing significant) but I like that their DPS is required in harder content.

One of my favorite support types to play so far was the Mystic in Tera. That class had good offensive/debuff capabilities and was a good healer as well. I wouldn't mind seeing a sub class similar to that.

Your friendly neighborhood moderator.

Posted (edited)

Mystic in Tera was a ton of fun. I really hope they go for something like skill paths like Aegice said. And I think they've said they're going for skill-trees, which might mean the possibility of picking and choosing skills so you can adapt your build 

Edited by Pepper