Sign in to follow this  
King

Cash Shop - Cosmetic Recipes (Let’s Get Approved)

Oath will be primilarly funded via their cosmetic cash shop. I personally love cosmetics and being able to customize my character. However, while I want to support the game. For some players such as myself, simply purchasing an epic looking item for $5 dollars will never be as satisfying as earning it through work and dediciation. To strike a balance between the two, what I would like to propose are cosmetic equipment recipes being added to the cash shop. While there will still be an adequate supply of cosmetics you can purchase to receive instantly. Cosmetic recipes will be for players looking to work towards something truly special. The more difficult recipes may prove to be very time consuming. Perfect for the most determined of players. While difficulty from recipe to recipe may vary, players who complete these will have the opportunity to acquire some of the most epic looking equipment pieces available in game. Crafting recourses may be obtained in the methods below

➢Drops from particular bosses and mobs

➢Resource gathering

➢Purchasing supplies from other players. Not all required resources will be tradeable. However, for the few that are, this will serve as an efficient recourse sink. Players buying these resources will be crafting them into untradeable cosmetic equipment. Permanently taking it out of circulation and helping to sustain the economy.

➢Challenges and Quest Rewards - Purchasing a recipe will not generate a quest or challenge in itself. However, a resource required may be obtained from a particular quest/challenge. These would be repeatable quests and challenges that offer optional rewards. Among which, potentially being the resource you need.

BONUS: Cosmetic recipe bundles. While these may be a bit more expensive than single item recipes depending on the “rarity”. These bundles  would typically offer multiple recipes consisting of individual pieces of equipment, that together come together to make an entire themed set.

Show your support by leaving a comment below.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by King
  • Like 5

@King I like this concept. It makes the cosmetic piece also feel more special. Maybe do the same thing with pets where theres a storyline attached to it and you have to complete it? I don't see any problems with this considering as you said you can also just buy normal cosmetics that will appear instantly when you buy them. Great idea! 😍

Edited by Snowflakex
  • Like 1

also a +1 from me. They could even recolor some of the readily available skins (or add special effects) to ones you grind for in order to save time/resources but highlight those who are willing to work for the cosmetic.

I'd also like to see armor dyes (one-time use or dye added to some sort of dye inventory) that allow me to dye various parts of my armor. I can see a decent flow of revenue coming in from those of us who like to constantly switch things up, even if it's just with a pigment. 

9.jpg

Find me on: [Steam] | Discord: [Lich.Daddy.UwU]#3769

4 hours ago, Snowflakex said:

@King I like this concept. It makes the cosmetic piece also feel more special. Maybe do the same thing with pets where theres a storyline attached to it and you have to complete it? I don't see any problems with this considering as you said you can also just buy normal cosmetics that will appear instantly when you buy them. Great idea! 😍

I like this addition to the idea posted in the OP.

It would be interesting to have a handful of really epic cosmetics that you buy an Artifact for, that is actually the catalyst for a quest chain, that eventually rewards you with the legendary cosmetic/pet. 

• Like 1

I love the concept! I just hope people don't get too caught up in the fact that it is essentially locked behind some sort of content. While achievable by everyone, I have seen this mentality going around where people like to complain about things like this 😧

I'm 100% for this idea though!

On 5/25/2019 at 1:33 PM, itskitto said:

I love the concept! I just hope people don't get too caught up in the fact that it is essentially locked behind some sort of content. While achievable by everyone, I have seen this mentality going around where people like to complain about things like this 😧

I'm 100% for this idea though!

The idea is neat if you put it behind an easily accessible quest that maybe even has a story behind it, but if I pay for a cosmetic that I want I don't want to grind for 2-3 weeks of boring crap to unlock it. Things of that nature should be free cosmetics.

7 hours ago, Nachtdrache said:

The idea is neat if you put it behind an easily accessible quest that maybe even has a story behind it, but if I pay for a cosmetic that I want I don't want to grind for 2-3 weeks of boring crap to unlock it. Things of that nature should be free cosmetics.

You’re right. I was thinking along the lines of harder content or maybe after finishing a line of meaning quests (take Norn, Vanguard, Asuran questlines from GW1 Eye of the North)