YourClosetLlama

Multi-Classing?

I could live without this mechanic, but it could create versatility and individuality as well...

Anyway, do you guys enjoy the idea of being able to either:

• Have your character swap classes at a certain NPC or Landmark
  • Pick and choose abilities from 2 spell lists to really customize how you play
  • Possess the skills of 2 classes

I'm not one to be on board with allowing classes to be completely fluid or allowing a single character to decide what class (among the entire class list) they wish to be at any given time, but I have seen successful multi-classing mechanics in other RPG's. 

What do you guys think? 

9.jpg

Find me on: [Steam] | Discord: [Lich.Daddy.UwU]#3769

I mean, I wouldn’t be opposed to that, but I’d rather the focus be specialization and working together then be able to cover a wide range of abilities by yourself 

spacer.png

I do like multi-class mechanics to build your own class by picking skills from two different classes (like titan quest/grim dawn does) but i don't know how well that would work in an mmo type game. 

I don't like the idea of swapping/changing your class later on in game, but I do like the idea of after a certain landmark of adding a couple ability/skills not of your class to your character.

I wouldn't mine having race skills where you can pick one skill to use in your build that is unique to your characters race.

I think your character should be the role you pick (your class), with the ability to add some skill (maybe even passive) that wont change your role but give your character some extra customization that would make your character seem more like your own, instead of just playing what put in front of you

Would people prefer to make lots of alts for each class or to be able to change class in town on a main character, having to train each class individually?

I would prefer the latter to make the character feel more personal. There is also the option of doing both, would that please everyone? There could also be a limit on class changing of once per day to keep classes more isolated.

I'm more for alts.  I don't mind if you can swap your specialization for a cost at an NPC with a long cooldown (eg 1 real life week).  I like the leveling experience and getting to know your character and class and to me starting from scratch is the best way to do that.

I don't think being able to just switch classes is a good idea, I'd for example much rather have alts with increased leveling XP after reaching the max level. This means that the player will still have some experience on these classes before heading into group content. I can't imagine how toxic class switching would make dungeons & battlegrounds.

I would to have class points.

You start with one, and every level get another.

Than you can unlock classes by lower classes - tank warrior from mainly high level warrior while paladin from having both lower level warrior and priest.

It can make the skill tree much more interesting, and characters more costume.