Sign in to follow this  
Yaz87

Hard mode server

I don't expect to see this probably ever, but I really liked when Rift relaunched a server for vanilla Rift. It was substantially more difficult than their normal server by comparison.

I really enjoyed the more difficult content  and slow pace. 

Having a server where everything was say 30% more hp/DPS against you would put the fear back into the idea of mass pulling or just running past packs of mobs to skip them and get to the object or place you need to be.

It also made progression more entertaining and rewarding. Kinda like vanilla wow. If the normal games this challenging then there is no need but as a f2p game I assume it will be easy and accessable to encourage more players.

This works short term but ppl get bored, you will create more long term loyal players if you keep the challenge alive and real.

Edited by Yaz87
  • Like 2

dislike it when player count is forcibly split due to mechanics such as hard mode servers, pve/pvp servers, etc.

• Like 17

QCpaHh6.gif

8 minutes ago, Yaz87 said:

This works short term but ppl get bored, you will create more long term loyal players if you keep the challenge alive and real.

I have to agree with you here. I come from vanilla wow/burning crusade as one of my earliest MMO's. and it is close to my heart. And i just loved how i built a community with some of the players there, knowing when i got back from school i sit down with some soda and we have a raid to finish and just having a banter and fun. 

Having the ability to join a hardcore server (PvE side hardcore) i would definitely create a character there 🙂 Just because it is much more fun and rewarding seeing how you actually managed to kill said difficult boss on an area. Has to do with tactics too, not just rushing mobs like you said. perhaps great risk/high reward even.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Im fairly sure this won't be neccessary as I'm psure the team have said they want to make raids and other late-end game content actually difficult and require skill and knowledge to complete.

Although I wouldn't mind additions to character creation similar to that of OSRS Ironman mode.

steam 💔 / twitch / 💔 +** myanimelist 😞 💕
++** +:) love ! lit **!++

Unfortunately you can't only have one server type or one server at all. Not everyone wants to be on a PvP server just as not everyone wants to be on a PVE server.

Difficulty can be uniform though in terms of PVE content.

I am hoping the leveling ng process is slow, rewarding, not pressuring, and helps develop that bond with your character.

I'm in the classic beta and I am so sucked into it right now that I have 3 /played days on it since Thursday.

It's slow, it's rewarding, and you WILL lose. You will expect to die while leveling, a lot. You group up with others and.communicate, you run to the dungeons together and make friends. Sometimes stopping to murder losers on the other faction along the way.

I can't find a reason I would rather play BFA. Every aspect of leveling content and the rewards system is better. I have played BFA since launch and spoken to no one unless they were a bnet friend, I don't need to. It's become nothing but a grind for cosmetics with no challenge, just time commitments.

I do however wish there were conveniences like the mount and pet tabs and that the game was more friendly to collections. But the game didn't have the technology at the time.

Edited by Yaz87

4 hours ago, Yaz87 said:

Unfortunately you can't only have one server type or one server at all. Not everyone wants to be on a PvP server just as not everyone wants to be on a PVE server.

Difficulty can be uniform though in terms of PVE content.

I am hoping the leveling ng process is slow, rewarding, not pressuring, and helps develop that bond with your character.

I'm in the classic beta and I am so sucked into it right now that I have 3 /played days on it since Thursday.

It's slow, it's rewarding, and you WILL lose. You will expect to die while leveling, a lot. You group up with others and.communicate, you run to the dungeons together and make friends. Sometimes stopping to murder losers on the other faction along the way.

I can't find a reason I would rather play BFA. Every aspect of leveling content and the rewards system is better. I have played BFA since launch and spoken to no one unless they were a bnet friend, I don't need to. It's become nothing but a grind for cosmetics with no challenge, just time commitments.

I do however wish there were conveniences like the mount and pet tabs and that the game was more friendly to collections. But the game didn't have the technology at the time.

I agree with every point except difficulty should be uniform throughout all servers. Most games these days makes leveling a character extremely easy and time consuming (in a bad way). I would like to enjoy the journey leveling my character, meeting new players and struggling together. Vanilla WoW showcases this very well to an extent. At times it can feel grindy especially when you have to kill 10+ centaurs for a single bracelet. I love the fact that there are no dungeon finders/raid finders/hand holding; the good ole fashion meeting up with players to get things done. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind if instead of a hardcore server they set up a monthly tournament of sorts to progress through a harder difficulty version of the game that you are able to opt into whilst sticking to the same server e.g your stats are either lowered or enemies stats are strengthened. Ofcourse it'd make more sense for your stats to to lowered, though the best way to overall do this is you need to make a new character to participate for the event. I guess the best way to think of it is like Diablo's seasonal though in this case you stick to the same server run content with everyone like normal (ofcourse this can bring issues with other players experiencing more challenging fights as their team mate is much lower stats, though if you just think of it like playing with someone with poor gear it'd be like playing with any normal person) I don't know, personally it sounds fun to me.

11.jpg

@Yaz87 For a second I thought when you said ''Hardcore'' you were talking about dying = character gone lol. But yes I feel like most MMORPG's nowadays are too easy and the low level content is easily forgotten after you reach max level. I doubt servers like this would be good at the start, but maybe at some point they could be interesting.

Edited by Snowflakex
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Astrobinary said:

I agree with every point except difficulty should be uniform throughout all servers. Most games these days makes leveling a character extremely easy and time consuming (in a bad way). I would like to enjoy the journey leveling my character, meeting new players and struggling together. Vanilla WoW showcases this very well to an extent. At times it can feel grindy especially when you have to kill 10+ centaurs for a single bracelet. I love the fact that there are no dungeon finders/raid finders/hand holding; the good ole fashion meeting up with players to get things done. 

Oh no I'm not saying it should be easy, I'm just saying it's unusual to see a harder server. That the idea is cool but very unlikely.

I feel having more difficult, slow progression will benefit the game long term.

It will give devs more time.to add content, slow down players who feel the need to rush, people will be forced to learn their spells through either more time between new spells, or necessity to kill their targets.

I use more spells in vanilla wow through sheer nesessity than I do on bfa. I don't think I have all of them even on my bars, literally just because I don't have too

Edited by Yaz87