Sign in to follow this  
Starflow

monetization

1- let players sell cash shop items inside the game, but set a limit so people don’t abuse, or at least that the only thing trabeable is the premium membership so everyone can access to the “advantages” it offers.

2- Make a wheel of fortune in which you can win things from the cash shop, oath tokens. wheel tokens gold, special event stuff, basic potions, basic pet food, teleportation gems and other items that are purchasable in any NPC ingame, also some boost scrolls for gathering or xp and increase character slots by 1. To use this wheel you’d need a special token, you get X tokens daily, you can make weekly/daily quests to get more or you can buy them in the cash shop.(or not, to avoid "gambling" issues, just obtainable throught premium and quests)

3- Premium membership that gives you X wheel tokens, X oath tokens, some basic potions and items easily purchasable to any NPC and access to special discounts in the cash shop that change every week or 2 weeks and even improve your limit of items you can buy in the cash shop that i mentioned before. Also, like in BDO, access to unlimited plastic surgery and to special hairstyles, pupils, tattoos, etc that rotate or get updated, which are also available using an appearance change ticket .

4- Items like “name/gender/looks/race change coupon”

5- Noninvasive legit banners/adds in the launcher/sponsorships.

Since the item you get that would affect you gameplay are very basic and anyone could buy it from an NPC and also would only be useful for low levels or fooling around or wouldn’t impact gameplay that much because there would be more useful food and potions that would be actually used in dungeons, raids and serious PVP i don’t think is p2w.

Edited by Starflow

I hate ideas number 2&3, they are everything wrong with the current state of the gaming industry.

The discount part of 3 is alright and would definitely inspire sales from customers who were less willing to at full price, but the whole gambling and premium membership horsecrap is a big no-no in my book.

• Like 1

steam 💔 / twitch / 💔 +** myanimelist 😞 💕
++** +:) love ! lit **!++

I'm one of those people who don't like to see any advantageous items/services offered by swiping one's credit card. I'm hoping they stay true to their word by keeping the cash shop purely cosmetic. 

• Thanks 1

9.jpg

Find me on: [Steam] | Discord: [Lich.Daddy.UwU]#3769

Yep, agree with @thomas

Although premium membership can be done right... few stay true to it. 

I am an absolute hard no on any type of "wheel of fortune" type RNG.  Unless it is STRICTLY cosmetic.

1. Nope nope nope. I HATE seeing paid content from the in-game shop being sold ingame for gold. this is one thing that can be (and is in my eyes) pay-to-win. Since one player can gain thousands of gold by using their credit card.

2. Seeing how most things are cosmetic only, i am also against this. Nobody would want to pay cash if they know they can return to wheel of fortune and gain these cosmetics. People who bought them won't feel unique either, as its not obtainable unless you pay for it.

3. Also against this idea. I do not like the idea of paying 10 bucks a month to gain potions who can be easly sold to NPCs (as i think thats what you ment?). As for the unlimited plastic surgery, i think its better if its limited to say 3 times a month. special hairstyles etc however? NO! every player should be able to get the exact same hairstyle and stuff, however, if you want to be unique, i am okay with the in-game shop selling a certain hairstyle where you need to pay 3-5 bucks for. (but it gotta be a sexy hairstyle know what i mean? hurhurhur).

4. I agree with this, Items to change gender, looks and race should be obtainable with the ingame shop. name? i don't know so much about that. I am neutral on that matter, i dont agree nor agree with that.

5. i do not know what you mean by this. paying to remove ads? this is not youtube my friend. its an MMO 😛 (atleast if i understand you right).

The end text that you wrote is kinda confusing me tho. If i understand you correctly, Why in the hell would we have items in the in-game shop if they can be obtained by the game it self. Meaning, if i can get a hairstyle ingame by just playing, why would i pay the money? In my opinion, cash shop being cosmatic only should be purely there to gain cool outfits accessoires and the like, while knowing you are just supporting the developers to keep the server up and pay for the next content. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

6 hours ago, SunnlightBro said:

1. Nope nope nope. I HATE seeing paid content from the in-game shop being sold ingame for gold. this is one thing that can be (and is in my eyes) pay-to-win. Since one player can gain thousands of gold by using their credit card.

2. Seeing how most things are cosmetic only, i am also against this. Nobody would want to pay cash if they know they can return to wheel of fortune and gain these cosmetics. People who bought them won't feel unique either, as its not obtainable unless you pay for it.

3. Also against this idea. I do not like the idea of paying 10 bucks a month to gain potions who can be easly sold to NPCs (as i think thats what you ment?). As for the unlimited plastic surgery, i think its better if its limited to say 3 times a month. special hairstyles etc however? NO! every player should be able to get the exact same hairstyle and stuff, however, if you want to be unique, i am okay with the in-game shop selling a certain hairstyle where you need to pay 3-5 bucks for. (but it gotta be a sexy hairstyle know what i mean? hurhurhur).

4. I agree with this, Items to change gender, looks and race should be obtainable with the ingame shop. name? i don't know so much about that. I am neutral on that matter, i dont agree nor agree with that.

5. i do not know what you mean by this. paying to remove ads? this is not youtube my friend. its an MMO 😛 (atleast if i understand you right).

The end text that you wrote is kinda confusing me tho. If i understand you correctly, Why in the hell would we have items in the in-game shop if they can be obtained by the game it self. Meaning, if i can get a hairstyle ingame by just playing, why would i pay the money? In my opinion, cash shop being cosmatic only should be purely there to gain cool outfits accessoires and the like, while knowing you are just supporting the developers to keep the server up and pay for the next content. 

the #5 is adds that are not invading your screen, just a little add in the corner that you can see it but it's not tricky and it's easy to avoid and not click on it

3 minutes ago, Starflow said:

the #5 is adds that are not invading your screen, just a little add in the corner that you can see it but it's not tricky and it's easy to avoid and not click on it

If I see an ad in a non-mobile game, idc if I’ve already paid and I just need to pay like $1 more, I’m quitting, I don’t care, ads that add nothing to the game is something I just won’t tolerate in an actual game

• Like 2

spacer.png

And on the wheel of fortune thing, currently stuff like that are under investigation by multiple countries, so I’d rather them not add them to keep safe

• Like 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Starflow said:

he #5 is adds that are not invading your screen, just a little add in the corner that you can see it but it's not tricky and it's easy to avoid and not click on it

an ad in a PC MMO? XD thats the first time i ever heard of it. That does not sound good at all to me. ill probably not play the game if it had ads like that. 

• Like 2

spacer.png

59 minutes ago, SunnlightBro said:

an ad in a PC MMO? XD thats the first time i ever heard of it. That does not sound good at all to me. ill probably not play the game if it had ads like that. 

Well i wouldn't mind an add just in the launcher if it's not invading it and making me click on it wouthout porpouse, and more important that is not 'win an iPhone!' 'congragulations you won 100000009€!' kind of add, besides other games do that in this way and no one complained

Edited by Ballard

Just now, Ballard said:

besides other games do that in this way and no one complained

which other games? 😮 I never played one that did it. And if i did, it was a chinese/foreign game and its launcher. I never honestly saw such a thing (or i just cant remember)

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 5/24/2019 at 10:07 AM, Starflow said:

1- let players sell cash shop items inside the game, but set a limit so people don’t abuse, or at least that the only thing trabeable is the premium membership so everyone can access to the “advantages” it offers.

2- Make a wheel of fortune in which you can win things from the cash shop, oath tokens. wheel tokens gold, special event stuff, basic potions, basic pet food, teleportation gems and other items that are purchasable in any NPC ingame, also some boost scrolls for gathering or xp and increase character slots by 1. To use this wheel you’d need a special token, you get X tokens daily, you can make weekly/daily quests to get more or you can buy them in the cash shop

3- Premium membership that gives you X wheel tokens, X oath tokens, some basic potions and items easily purchasable to any NPC and access to special discounts in the cash shop that change every week or 2 weeks and even improve your limit of items you can buy in the cash shop that i mentioned before. Also, like in BDO, access to unlimited plastic surgery and to special hairstyles, pupils, tattoos, etc that rotate or get updated, which are also available using an appearance change ticket .

4- Items like “name/gender/looks/race change coupon”

5- Noninvasive legit banners/adds in the launcher/sponsorships.

Since the item you get that would affect you gameplay are very basic and anyone could buy it from an NPC and also would only be useful for low levels or fooling around or wouldn’t impact gameplay that much because there would be more useful food and potions that would be actually used in dungeons, raids and serious PVP i don’t think is p2w.

1. Absolutely not. This is either P2W even in a limited fashion or its useless for the seller of the cash shop items. Either way this is exactly what BDO did and slowly opened the limit more and more until its at the point it is now.

2. This reward system is the mobile game crap that is already making MMOs awful

3. If they have a premium membership discounts on cosmetics, char appearance changes, and maybe even a free monthly minor cosmetic would be fine.

4. If these are reasonably priced go for it, having things like this going for $20-50 for what tends to be an automated system with little to no cost is ridiculous

5. This isn't a mobile game if you make me pay to get rid of ads or don't even give me the option thats awful

These are valid money making ideas, but I disagree with all of them. Monetization is difficult in an MMORPG setting because you have to find the balance of creating a world where people can be invested in and feel apart of the world. Adding all these different ways to get items, discounts, and random tokens just takes away from the world.

• Like 1

Stopped reading at #2. That's loot boxes and gambling. No thx, won't pay a dime in the cash shop if lock boxes make an appearance in any form.