Biglizard56

Skill Points / Ability Points

How do you guys want to see this work? I like the idea of a consistent progression system, similar to the new Ablion Online, ESO, combined with trees like old school wow. Any ideas?

Skill point and a progression system similar to Old school World of Warcraft creates some interesting elements, but what would be cool is some mystery added to the mix.

Maybe something new..Like for instance if you fail a certain quest line you would be unable to learn certain abilities. On the opposite end of that if you succeed you'd gain an ability you didn't have the chance to learn and progress through. Not something that would be game changing and make you over powered. However, something that could benefit you slightly. 

I expect that this game will have something we are already familiar with and don't expect much else. 

Who knows, they could always shock us with something unique. I am up for anything. 

14 hours ago, HermesKriopho said:

Maybe something new..Like for instance if you fail a certain quest line you would be unable to learn certain abilities. On the opposite end of that if you succeed you'd gain an ability you didn't have the chance to learn and progress through. Not something that would be game changing and make you over powered. However, something that could benefit you slightly. 

What if a class needed to train with some legendary icon that represents their class and accomplish difficult tasks for them in exchange for knowledge on furthering your teachings? Failing a questline and being unable to redo it could be unfair (if I'm interpreting what you said correctly).

9.jpg

Find me on: [Steam] | Discord: [Lich.Daddy.UwU]#3769

1 hour ago, YourClosetLlama said:

Failing a questline and being unable to redo it could be unfair (if I'm interpreting what you said correctly).

Yeah, I’d be really pissed if I wanted a specific mid/late game skill and I can’t just cause I failed a quest and my only option is starting a new character 

spacer.png

And failing a quest could be no fault of your own.  Internet disconnects, cat jumps on keyboard, power failure, girlfriend or boyfriend gives  you THAT look and so the list goes on.  Maybe it's a quest to spice up an ability with a different animation or something similar.  I lean towards progressing through a skill tree but one that offers several equally viable options at each level of progression.  I would Like it to be one you can put some thought into what you choose and how you wish to play your class.

Make it to where its not quest to level up. Instead you want farming you farm more often, you want more fish or better fish, fish more often, (aka like runescape) lol. id rather take time and effort knowing that i physically have to level up something then just quest to do it.

I like the idea of repetitive action for level up for attributes while some epic new basic skill-tree opens by questing.