storm

QnA with Stephen #1

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTBr3szI1ae0Itx70LXn4yJBqS96wwTLyEcUv0WnFzWmtHOuP0WSTGVuVfKyII4kvHsD8S8B25wlllq/pub

Small QnA we did a while ago for anyone interesting in glancing over.

If you'd like to submit questions for #2 feel free to make a thread in this section or reply to this, anything unanswered I'll compile in a list to send over.

Edited by storm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

BsamMh2.png

Very interesting Q/A 
Look forward to reading more of these as they come up. I am curios about the level cap, and if future expansions happen, will they move the level cap upwards or will they have more of a linear approach like Guild Wars has. This is where you just move on to learn new mastery's instead of having to work on a higher level.

This is all end game and future thought, so I am sure they haven't even truly discussed this idea yet. My curiosity just gets the best out of me and mostly because Blizzard destroyed the game World of Warcraft, in my own personal opinion by increasing the level cap. Making all the work we had put in for years feel pointless. The fear of that happening again truly does get to me.

Edited by HermesKriopho

18 hours ago, FeveredDreamer said:

Definitely hope they go more with the GW or ESO model for endgame development over WoW's. That ever-expanding level cap isn't great.

I agree. I want the combat to be about skill at your class, knowledge about encounters etc and not about farming gear for hours..

• Like 2

Is there going to be fast travel? If yes could you roughly explain how is it going to work? I dislike fast travel very much. The GW2 waypoint system is horrible. How common will waypoints/teleports/other be? Are they going to be free, cheap or expensive? Will there be any items with fast travel poperties and will these have limits? For example "Ring of X Teleportation - Can teleport to place X 3 times per day" or "Teleport to a friend" or consumable one use items used for travel. Fast travel devalues mounts significantly.

Will there be many quests? Only the main story or hundreds of side quests too? Do you have the story ready or are you still working on it?

On 5/29/2019 at 10:59 PM, Maiandra said:

Is there going to be fast travel? If yes could you roughly explain how is it going to work? I dislike fast travel very much. The GW2 waypoint system is horrible. How common will waypoints/teleports/other be? Are they going to be free, cheap or expensive? Will there be any items with fast travel poperties and will these have limits? For example "Ring of X Teleportation - Can teleport to place X 3 times per day" or "Teleport to a friend" or consumable one use items used for travel. Fast travel devalues mounts significantly.

Will there be many quests? Only the main story or hundreds of side quests too? Do you have the story ready or are you still working on it?

I dislike fast travel too. In all the games ive played this kind of mechanic has always taken away from the immersion. 

Back in vanila WoW it would take you ages to travel somewhere ( depending on your level)  but that often also led to encounters with other players (bad and good) and it was all part of the exploration and discovery of the world. Just look how that game is now.. every time you want to do something - press a button, join a queue and get a loadng screen. 

Hey there, do you guys already know in wich countries/languages/place of Servers the game will be avalable

I would love to have a German Server and language. For voice it would be enough If you only have english, but it would be really nice if the writings are in German available

Best greetings 🤗

Edited by Sonick1992

Underwater battles would be pretty interesting. Underwater would mean projectiles and spells may be slowed and fire element would be put out. But like the answer said I also can't see it being achieved just like in Black Desert. 

On 6/26/2019 at 9:13 AM, Sonick1992 said:

Hey there, do you guys already know in wich countries/languages/place of Servers the game will be avalable

I would love to have a German Server and language. For voice it would be enough If you only have english, but it would be really nice if the writings are in German available

Best greetings 🤗

jap, dem schließe ich mich an 🙂

i agree with him 🙂 

best regards